The Wheel Of Life
Life is all about balance, right? In fact, we can cut life into about nine small pizza slices. During my coaching sessions, my clients and I work to assess each component by utilizing the wheel of life. We do this by performing a gap analysis. In other words, I ask them to rate themselves on a scale from 0-10 on each of the topics ,assess their present state, and set goals on where they would like to be in the future. Then we know which parts of life have room for improvement. So I challenge you! Rank yourself on each slice from 0-10. Make sure to be honest with yourself. After all, you're the only one who truly knows how you can improve. After you finish, ask yourself these debrief questions:
- What parts of your life did you score low, and how is the affecting your overall well-being?
- For example, have you been working too much, and not allowing yourself to play?
- Which parts of life are you excelling?
- How can your re-balance yourself and spread your energy to nurture parts of your life?
- Are you sacrificing one part of your life for another? How does this make you feel?
Congratulations, you just finished one mindfulness exercise and increased your awareness of self. Little exercises like "The Wheel of Life" can help you create and intentions and goals. How do you know what to manifest if you do no not know what's missing? Frequently checking in with yourself and others makes life that much easier!
Life Coach, and Master Healer of the Mind, Body, and Spirit.